* \part in LaTeX input
@ 2015-01-25 19:51 Tobias Klausmann
       [not found] ` <20150125195130.GA130821-Brwozo4T/gDUAozeIJHHVY4/OD0De0NW@public.gmane.org>
From: Tobias Klausmann @ 2015-01-25 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi!

Near as I can tell, the highest level of structure that PanDoc
currently handles for LaTeX inputs is \chapter. However, I'd like
to use \part. For pdflatex, it results in a separate page with
the title of the part centered vertically and horizontally. I
understand that this is not achievable with all outputs, but all
I require is for it to work with EPUB and maybe XHTML.

It doesn't even have to mimic the layout of pdflatex (though it
would be nice), but having it as the topmost level of headings is
sort of the requirements. I tried patching things over using a
custom macre thatt would basically expand to:

\clearpage \begin{center}\Huge #1\end{center} \clearpage

But that didn't work, either. Pandoc's habit of quietly dropping
LaTeX stuff it doesn't quite understand can be very frustrating
there.

Anyone got a solution? Or should I open a pandoc bug/issue?

Regards,
Tobias

* Re: \part in LaTeX input
       [not found] ` <20150125195130.GA130821-Brwozo4T/gDUAozeIJHHVY4/OD0De0NW@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-01-26 10:44   ` Pablo Rodríguez
       [not found]     ` <54C61AA7.5070004-S0/GAf8tV78@public.gmane.org>
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2015-01-26 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi Tobias,

having the part title vertically centered would be in CSS something
similar to:

    .part {
        fontsize: xx-large;
        margin-top: 40%;
   }

Using part in markdown as source format could be achieved with:

    # Title {.part}

If pandoc ignores \part in LaTeX, I guess you should report it in an
issue (I haven’t checked it, but I wonder whether this hasn’t been
already reported).

Just in case it helps,

Pablo

--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: \part in LaTeX input
       [not found]     ` <54C61AA7.5070004-S0/GAf8tV78@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-01-27  8:32       ` Jan Ulrich Hasecke
       [not found]         ` <54C74D18.2010704-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: Jan Ulrich Hasecke @ 2015-01-27  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Demeter und die Allmende des Seins
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B008G4Z2I2
Spekulativer Essay wider die Ahnenlosigkeit und die Anmaßung des
Eigentums. Eine philosophische Polemik gegen das geistige Eigentum
Am 26.01.2015 um 11:44 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez:
> Using part in markdown as source format could be achieved with:
>
>     # Title {.part}
>
> If pandoc ignores \part in LaTeX, I guess you should report it in an
> issue (I haven’t checked it, but I wonder whether this hasn’t been
> already reported).

This doesn't work. I think Pandoc does not support \part in LaTeX. I
would be happy if someone could implement this feature.

juh

--
Software-Dokumentation mit Sphinx
http://www.amazon.de/dp/1497448689/

* Re: \part in LaTeX input
       [not found]         ` <54C74D18.2010704-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-01-27 13:07           ` Pablo Rodríguez
       [not found]             ` <54C78DA9.4010209-S0/GAf8tV78@public.gmane.org>
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2015-01-27 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 01/27/2015 09:32 AM, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> Demeter und die Allmende des Seins
> https://www.amazon.de/dp/B008G4Z2I2
> Spekulativer Essay wider die Ahnenlosigkeit und die Anmaßung des
> Eigentums. Eine philosophische Polemik gegen das geistige Eigentum

Hi Jan Ulrich,

are you sure your previous paragraph belongs to the message?

> Am 26.01.2015 um 11:44 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez:
>> Using part in markdown as source format could be achieved with:
>>
>>     # Title {.part}
>>
>> If pandoc ignores \part in LaTeX, I guess you should report it in an
>> issue (I haven’t checked it, but I wonder whether this hasn’t been
>> already reported).
>
> This doesn't work. I think Pandoc does not support \part in LaTeX. I
> would be happy if someone could implement this feature.

It seems that pandoc doesn’t support \part in LaTeX (I don’t use LaTeX
myself).

My suggestion intended to fake part titles in XHTML. But this needs
stylying in CSS.

Of course, this doesn’t change the unimplemented \part command in the
LaTeX reader.

Issue with LaTeX reader reported at
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/1905.

Please, feel free to comment there.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: \part in LaTeX input
       [not found]             ` <54C78DA9.4010209-S0/GAf8tV78@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-01-27 13:11               ` Jan Ulrich Hasecke
From: Jan Ulrich Hasecke @ 2015-01-27 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Am 27.01.2015 um 14:07 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez:

> Hi Jan Ulrich,
>
> are you sure your previous paragraph belongs to the message?

Oh, sorry my mail client has gone wild. I should really read a message
twice before posting.

juh