From: Denis Navas <denis.navas-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: public-pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw-wOFGN7rlS/M9smdsby/KFg@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Reference.docx and default Word styles
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:57:56 -0600	[thread overview]

Just a comment,

Word fixes by default, spaces before paragraphs.  I am not sure what
version does that, but I adopted the policy of control the spacing
between text and tables or graphs.

I prefer to use the space after the paragraph.  That way seems more
logical to me. But this introduces the following problem: With tables I
must give a space before the caption, because I place it above the table
and with figures, I must give an space after, because the caption
is placed at the figure's bottom.

Tables can control its spacing too, and I prefer that does not apply
space after the table, to use a paragraph that I name pagraph_note.

An apparent solution is to use space before and after the paragraph,
but this add space between captions, tables, figures and paragraphs.

I know that this is a matter of taste and visual appearance.

Just share my opinion to save some effort.