* Easy user variable substitution?
@ 2017-06-30 15:05 Joseph Reagle
       [not found] ` <efbeb4e2-bc38-4b84-172c-fd89100380f3-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2017-06-30 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Is there a facility for user variable substitutions? That is, I don't want a template but the ability to define a variable in the YAML and have it substituted in whichever output-type/template I choose.

______________________

---
title: "Some Title"
author: Joseph Reagle
date: 2017

This report was authored by $author$ on $date$.

* Re: Easy user variable substitution?
       [not found] ` <efbeb4e2-bc38-4b84-172c-fd89100380f3-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-06-30 15:21   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-06-30 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

No, though one could write a filter that did this.

+++ Joseph Reagle [Jun 30 17 11:05 ]:

@ 2017-07-10  8:22   ` Scott Koga-Browes
From: Scott Koga-Browes @ 2017-07-10  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss