* Need help in analyzing log file generated during conversion of Latex to Docx using Pandoc
@ 2020-01-16  6:17 PriG
       [not found] ` <55e40704-fe7f-4e80-a40c-874d4fca1efe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: PriG @ 2020-01-16  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have converted some Latex files to Docx files using Pandoc and generated
log file.
there are some logs which I need to understand :-

1. *CouldNotLoadIncludeFile* : mathrsfs.sty, amsmath.sty etc... (Do I need
to add these files in Pandoc and if Yes then where should I add them?)

2. *SkippedContent* : affiliation, maketitle etc.. (On which criteria
Pandoc is skipping some contents? and what should we do to avoid it)

3. *InlineNotRendered* :   "t": "RawInline", "c": [ "latex", "cite{GLASS}"
]

4. *CouldNotConvertTeXMath* :
 "contents": "\\begin{aligned}\n\\notag\nL_t = \\begin{cases} \\mathbb{R} &
(t \\in I) \\\\ 0 & (t \\not\\in I ) \\end{cases}\\end{aligned}",
        "message": "L_t = \\begin{cases} \\mathbb{R} & (t \\in
\n^\nunexpected \"L\"\nexpecting \"%\", \"\\\\label\", \"\\\\nonumber\" or
whitespace"

Is Pandoc failing to convert Mathematical equations? Can we fix it?
I am getting above errors in every conversion of files, Please let me know
if I need to do any change in conversion process.
Thanks in advance!

* Re: Need help in analyzing log file generated during conversion of Latex to Docx using Pandoc
       [not found] ` <55e40704-fe7f-4e80-a40c-874d4fca1efe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-01-16 17:47   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-01-16 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PriG, pandoc-discuss

PriG <priyankagandhi10-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hi,
> I have converted some Latex files to Docx files using Pandoc and generated
> log file.
> there are some logs which I need to understand :-
>
> 1. *CouldNotLoadIncludeFile* : mathrsfs.sty, amsmath.sty etc... (Do I need
> to add these files in Pandoc and if Yes then where should I add them?)

No, that's harmless.  If these files were in your working
directory, pandoc would attempt to parse them, but usually
that's not what you want anyway with system packages!

> 2. *SkippedContent* : affiliation, maketitle etc.. (On which criteria
> Pandoc is skipping some contents? and what should we do to avoid it)

Pandoc skips things it doesn't know how to convert into anything
sensible in the pandoc AST.  In some cases there really
isn't anything to convert -- e.g. \maketitle, which is just
a processing instruction.  In other cases (affiliation) pandoc
could be revised to give better results, but at this point
it's just letting you know.

> 3. *InlineNotRendered* :   "t": "RawInline", "c": [ "latex", "cite{GLASS}"
> ]
>
> 4. *CouldNotConvertTeXMath* :
>  "contents": "\\begin{aligned}\n\\notag\nL_t = \\begin{cases} \\mathbb{R} &
> (t \\in I) \\\\ 0 & (t \\not\\in I ) \\end{cases}\\end{aligned}",
>         "message": "L_t = \\begin{cases} \\mathbb{R} & (t \\in
> \n^\nunexpected \"L\"\nexpecting \"%\", \"\\\\label\", \"\\\\nonumber\" or
> whitespace"
> Is Pandoc failing to convert Mathematical equations? Can we fix it?

Pandoc tries to convert LaTeX math to the desired output format.
(By default, it tries to "fake it with unicode", but for docx it
uses docx equations, etc.  If you're targeting HTML, see the
options in the manual for latex math with HTML.)

This warning indicates that it couldn't convert this content,
so it has left it as raw tex.

The library that converts this is jgm/texmath on GitHub; feel
free to submit a bug report there.