That was my understanding of that line in the documentation, too. But I'm not sure if my understanding is wrong (and I can't do this), or if the documentation is wrong (and the current behavior is intended), or if the current behavior is wrong (and it's a bug). On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 12:43:11 PM UTC+3 denis...-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org wrote: > I would have expected the same given the documentation says «For docx > output, styles will be defined in the output file as inheriting from normal > text, if the styles are not yet in your reference.docx. If they are already > defined, pandoc will not alter the definition.» > > > > *Von:* pandoc-...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org *Im > Auftrag von *Shane Liesegang > *Gesendet:* Sonntag, 15. Mai 2022 14:28 > *An:* pandoc-discuss > *Betreff:* Manually apply styles to output docx? > > > > I've customized a reference.docx file for applying styles to an exported > Word document, and am attempting to follow the instructions from the Custom > Styles section of the > manual. If I'm reading the documentation right (and I may not be!) if I > attempt to apply a custom style that is already defined in the reference > document, it will not redefine it but apply the existing style. > > > > However, when I do something like this in markdown+bracketed_spans: > > > > [my strong text]{custom-style="Strong"} > > > > And there is already a "Strong" style in the reference file, I find the > span instead has a new style applied to it called "Strong1". > > > > Is there any way I can manually apply styles to Markdown text for docx > output? > > > > Thanks for any help / letting me know where I misunderstand. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/2a9a59ee-359b-4670-a140-234fb4c52311n%40googlegroups.com > > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/56357d0c-ae70-44bc-8e53-25c686fa73f0n%40googlegroups.com.