* How to inject YAML-style metadata
@ 2019-08-30  4:50 Oliver Baumann
       [not found] ` <05a24a0b-9441-4aa4-8f07-84922a6c7196-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Oliver Baumann @ 2019-08-30  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I write my Markdown files with a YAML header consisting only of metadata
fields relating to the *content*, like title, author, etc.

In another file format.yaml I have the YAML metadata applying to the
*formatting*, like documentclass, font- or papersize.

How can I inject format.yaml into pandoc, so that it is used when I convert
my source to LaTeX? I'm looking for something like --include-in-header, but
for YAML and injected before the template is set-up.

Many thanks for any pointers!

* Re: How to inject YAML-style metadata
       [not found] ` <05a24a0b-9441-4aa4-8f07-84922a6c7196-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-08-30  7:23   ` mb21
       [not found]     ` <71bf38c4-15ee-4b5d-9725-4695b04b799b-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: mb21 @ 2019-08-30  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

If you're on macOS or Linux you can use the shell to concatenate the files
before feeding them to pandoc:

    pandoc -t latex format.yaml input.md

Alternatively, you can use:

    pandoc --metadata-file format.yaml -t latex input.md

@ 2019-08-30  7:46       ` Oliver Baumann
From: Oliver Baumann @ 2019-08-30  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss