* Contributing
@ 2022-12-09 20:57 Erik Rask
       [not found] ` <CAMXDC9Ky3CfOCpy=SbCsaDzZyk=DcMCx51wNp+oML-9pOcrrYw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Erik Rask @ 2022-12-09 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello,
I'd like to start contributing more. Based on the Readme, a discussion here
first is recommended. The DocBook issues are perhaps my best place to
start. In chronological order, that starts me at issue 1402
<https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/1402> as far as I can tell.

I would say that is best solved by adding role="unnumbered" to the section.
Section labelling (i.e. numbering) is controlled by the XSLT stylesheets in
DocBook, so not numbering an individual section (rather than stop at a
certain depth) would be implemented in a stylesheet customization. But
marking the relevant sections would at least allow a custom stylesheet to
match precisely.

If I recall correctly from the PR for this
<https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/7116>, that would just require putting
("role","unnumbered") in Header.Attr.attributes and it would come out as
the role attribute in DocBook.

Protocol questions for the maintainers:

   1. Would this comment have been better on the GitHub issue?
   2. Do you want issue references GitHub-style in commits to issues (e.g.
   "fixes #1234") from contributors, or do you prefer handling them separately?

Take care.

--
Hurrying will get you nowhere faster.

* Re: Contributing
       [not found] ` <CAMXDC9Ky3CfOCpy=SbCsaDzZyk=DcMCx51wNp+oML-9pOcrrYw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-12-09 23:24   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-12-09 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Great! In this case, I think commenting on the GitHub issue might make more sense, since we’d have the context of the previous discussion.

And yes, you can put “fixes #whatever” in your commit message.