* \newif\ifepub
@ 2021-05-26 17:49 Louis Turk
       [not found] ` <7b095fb7-06ff-47ed-856c-e264f25eac11n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Louis Turk @ 2021-05-26 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

How can I make pandoc use latex newif  logic so that latex code that pandoc
can't handle is not read?

* Re: \newif\ifepub
       [not found] ` <7b095fb7-06ff-47ed-856c-e264f25eac11n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-05-26 18:23   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-05-26 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Turk, pandoc-discuss

Currently the only conditional the latex reader can handle are
ifstrequal, newtoggle, toggletrue, togglefalse, iftoggle from
etoolbox. Perhaps you could use those?

Louis Turk <louisaturk-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> How can I make pandoc use latex newif  logic so that latex code that pandoc
> can't handle is not read?
>
> --

* Re: \newif\ifepub
       [not found] ` <7b095fb7-06ff-47ed-856c-e264f25eac11n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-05-26 19:25   ` Louis Turk
       [not found]     ` <3b7f9f69-038e-48b2-a4aa-a9ef9698d5e2n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Louis Turk @ 2021-05-26 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks for responding. How much would it cost to get that \newif logic
implemented?

@ 2021-05-26 19:47       ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]         ` <m27djltgy8.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-05-26 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Turk, pandoc-discuss

Just to be clear on what you're looking for:  as I understand it,
you are converting from LaTeX to something else, and you want
pandoc to understand

\iffalse
\iftrue
\newif\iffoo  [ creates command \iffoo and defines it as \iffalse ]
\footrue  [ redefines \iffoo to \iftrue ]
\foofalse [ redefines \iffoo to \iffalse ]

So then you can do

\newif\iffoo
\foofalse

\iffoo

stuff you don't want pandoc to try to convert

\fi

Louis Turk <louisaturk-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Thanks for responding. How much would it cost to get that \newif logic
> implemented?
>
> On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 12:49:43 PM UTC-5 Louis Turk wrote:
>
>> How can I make pandoc use latex newif  logic so that latex code that
>> pandoc can't handle is not read?
>
> --

* Re: \newif\ifepub
       [not found]         ` <m27djltgy8.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-05-26 20:27           ` Louis Turk
From: Louis Turk @ 2021-05-26 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Here is the exact code:

\documentclass[00-main.tex]{subfiles}
\begin{document}

% Actually, the following two lines are in the 00-main.tex file.
\newif\ifepub
\epubtrue

\ifepub
\let\footnoteA\footnote
\let\footnoteB\footnote
\else
\fancyhf{} % delete current header and footer
\fancyhead[LE,RO]{\bfseries\thepage}
\fancyhead[CE,CO]{\bfseries YOHANES}
\headsep = 0pt
\setcounter{chapter}{1}
\chapter*{\begin{center}\textbf{YOHANES}\end{center}}
\addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Yohanes}
\begin{multicols}{2}
\fi

%The following line is an example of the footnotes that must be converted.
Dan dari kepenuhan-Nya kita semua sudah menerima, dan rahmat demi
rahmat.\footnoteA{Rahmat adalah pemberian yang diberikan kepada seseorang
yang tidak layak menerimanya.}

\ifepub
\else
\end{multicols}
\fi
\end{document}

On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 2:48:14 PM UTC-5 John MacFarlane wrote:

> Just to be clear on what you're looking for: as I understand it,
> you are converting from LaTeX to something else, and you want
> pandoc to understand
>
> \iffalse
> \iftrue
> \newif\iffoo [ creates command \iffoo and defines it as \iffalse ]
> \footrue [ redefines \iffoo to \iftrue ]
> \foofalse [ redefines \iffoo to \iffalse ]
>
> So then you can do
>
> \newif\iffoo
> \foofalse
>
> \iffoo
>
> stuff you don't want pandoc to try to convert
>
> \fi
>

> Louis Turk <louis...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:
>
> > Thanks for responding. How much would it cost to get that \newif logic
> > implemented?
> >
> > On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 12:49:43 PM UTC-5 Louis Turk wrote:
> >
> >> How can I make pandoc use latex newif logic so that latex code that
> >> pandoc can't handle is not read?
> >
> > --
> an email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/3b7f9f69-038e-48b2-a4aa-a9ef9698d5e2n%40googlegroups.com
> .

* Re: \newif\ifepub
       [not found]     ` <3b7f9f69-038e-48b2-a4aa-a9ef9698d5e2n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-05-27 16:22       ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]         ` <m2r1hsrvsf.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-05-27 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Turk, pandoc-discuss

Louis Turk <louisaturk-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Thanks for responding. How much would it cost to get that \newif logic
> implemented?

I've added support for \newif.  It took me about three hours to get
it all working (during which I discovered and fixed a bug in the existing
code which only shows itself in nested macro definitions).  You
can decide what that's worth to you and make a donation
accordingly, or sponsor me on GitHub (see links on https://pandoc.org).

* Re: \newif\ifepub
       [not found]         ` <m2r1hsrvsf.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-06-01  1:12           ` Louis Turk