* markdown --> pdf. support multiple columns in latex with tabularray tables, not longtable
@ 2022-03-08 11:25 John Gunstone
From: John Gunstone @ 2022-03-08 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I use pandoc markdown to generate equipment schedules in latex / pdf and it
works great.

To conserve space on the page, we'd like to:
- use a multicolumn (2 cols) format,
- use tables, that may span across pages

To achieve split cols in sections of the document there is a lua filter:
jdutant/columns: Multicolumn support for pandoc's markdown (github.com)
<https://github.com/jdutant/columns>

By default, my understanding is that pandoc uses the "longtable" latex
package for tables. longtable does not support split columns.

The relatively new latex tables package, tabularray, that seems to work
very well.
I tested the example shown here:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/614398/264972

Within that same thread there are suggestions about how overwriting the
"longtable" definition in pandoc using the -H switch.

I have no experience with Latex.
Would overwriting "longtable" with "tabularray" work here?
Is anyone able to help with the latex code required?

Many Thanks

John