On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 12:36:08 PM UTC+2, kurt.p...-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org wrote: > > > > On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 8:43:34 AM UTC+2, JDani Jiménez wrote: >> >> I need to automate the generation of many documents and, hopeful, >> maintain change and version control. The main idea is to desing a template >> with as many fields as I need. These fields are aimed to be filled in with: >> >> formated text >> >> item lists >> >> different paragraphs >> >> images >> >> tables... >> > [....] > Do I understand your mentioning of LibreOffice/ODT correctly as *"I do not > really need it -- all I want is the final PDF, and a change and version > control for my source files"*? > Some other questions: Do your item lists each contain a fixed number of items? Is the number of paragraphs constant? Your tables with the same number of columns and rows? And the layout of the result have to look like it is a filled-in paper form? Where does your "automated generation" get its inputs from? A data base? In general, standard Pandoc supports all these formatting elements listed above. You'll just need to generate marked-down text for the elements you want, run Pandoc to convert to PDF (needs LaTeX installed) and be done (and put your texts into source control). You'll have to explain a bit more what exactly you need beyond a "standard" Pandoc workflow to achieve your desired results. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/59aae5bf-759e-4ca4-8fd5-e3113694a88e%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.