From: ThomasH <therch-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Creating a partial HTML document
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 13:04:35 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Creating document fragments is the default for HTML in Pandoc, you'd have
to use the `--standalone` option to force it to create complete documents
with header and footer. So that should meet your requirements.

I don't know about indentation of the resulting HTML, much less so about
your preferred indentation. But this is easy to find out and might be
helped by post-processing if it doesn't meet your expectations?

I also cannot comment on Geany, but most editors have a way of running an
external command on the current buffer or selected text.

On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 7:36:15 PM UTC+2 H wrote:

I have a recurring need where I write markdown documents using my favorite
editor, Geany, and then need to convert them to partial HTML documents.
Partial because they lack the HTML file preamble and instead just start
with <div> and end with the matching </div>.

Each document contains one or more "sections", each also beginning with a
should be handle the sections, regardless of number.

I like the resulting (partial) HTML document to use my preferred
indentation/white-space structure.

Would pandoc be a good, perhaps the "best", tool for this? I should also
add that I would like to run the conversion "process" from within Geany.