From: John MacFarlane <fiddlosopher-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: converting from and to a new bibliographic format in pandoc
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 07:53:32 -0700	[thread overview]

'blocks' is for the body of the document. We store the reference data in the metadata.  In this case it's all references, so no body.

The 'nocite' entry causes all the references to be included in the bibliography if you process this with --citeproc.  We include that by default so that you can do e.g.

pandoc my.bib -s -o my.html --citeproc

and get a formatted HTML bibliography with all the references.