There is no prompt. I can find no output file. I would have thought if there were something wrong with the input file there would be an error message of some sort. If there is no indication of progress I suppose it could just be working on the input file but if so it must be extremely slow. As I was getting nowhere with Pandoc I have moved on to use something else. On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 16:19:52 UTC John MacFarlane wrote: > > Do you get the prompt again on the next line? If so, that's > the expected behavior. Pandoc won't print anything to indicate > that it has succeeded, but you should now see the file > outfile.tex in your directory. > > (By the way, myfile.md should be in your current working > directory -- it doesn't matter if it's in the same directory > containing pandoc.exe.) > > "'John Sampson' via pandoc-discuss" > writes: > > > I typed the command "pandoc myfile.md -f markdown -t latex -s -o > > outfile.tex" > > where myfile.md is in the same directory as pandoc,exe but nothing > > happened. When I pressed "return" the caret went to the next line and > > stayed there. I am new to pandoc - what am I doing wrong? > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/e1c7427c-732f-4120-ae8e-8d7500799b66n%40googlegroups.com > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/5a2f6e40-1678-41e7-a486-1e9ac0da0317n%40googlegroups.com.