* LaTeX Writer: How to properly pass options to geometry package via --metadata-file
@ 2020-08-08 19:44 Tomáš Kruliš
       [not found] ` <73344cc2-9463-4a09-b0d0-c74b84933c6do-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Tomáš Kruliš @ 2020-08-08 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I would like to ask how to properly pass options and theyre values to LaTeX
`geometry` package via command-line option `--metadata-file`?

Consider following example:

`MetadataSettings.yaml`:

```
---
documentclass: scrbook

geometry:
- left: 2.5cm
- right: 2cm
- bottom: 3cm
- headheight: 15.3pt
---
```

with `test.txt` containing text "test" or whatever and with default latex
template and command:

```
pandoc --metadata-file=MetadataSettings.yaml -f markdown -s -t latex -o
test.tex test.txt
```

produces `test.tex` file, in which key-value options written in metadata
file are simply flattened to "true", which wont compile to pdf.

If possible, I would very much prefer setting `geometry` package options
(and other packages similarly) via metadata-settings file, which makes them
nicely organized. So, how can that be done properly?

* Re: LaTeX Writer: How to properly pass options to geometry package via --metadata-file
       [not found] ` <73344cc2-9463-4a09-b0d0-c74b84933c6do-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-08-09  8:31   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhC9Ove2V4-Ki+xozk_S6tS+CPw3X6eS_go7Tq3Q0q4KBA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2020-08-09  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The list items have to be strings in LaTeX option format, not a list of
YAML mappings:

``````yaml
geometry:

- 'left=2.5cm'

- 'right=2cm'

- 'bottom=3cm'

- 'headheight=15.3pt'
``````

Remember to use two single quotes to include a single quote in a YAML
single quoted string: `'it''s OK'`.

--
Better --help|less than helpless

@ 2020-08-10  8:18       ` Tomáš Kruliš