Heya, I'm using pandoc to convert documents exported from Google Docs in docx format to reStructuredText — or anything else, really, the issue I'm facing seems independent from the output format. A concrete example is this document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wAMVrKIA2qtRGmoVDSUBJGmYZSygUaR0uOMW1GV3YE0/edit#heading=h.9zjhwskw53j8 , which uses indented paragraphs for code samples. I'm trying to preserve the spaces used for indentation in those code samples, but I'm failing to convince pandoc to do so. The spaces I'm interested in are there in the docx. Here's an excerpt from its xml markup: 2015-01-01 * "Taxi home from concert in Brooklyn" Assets:Cash -20 USD ; inline comment Expenses:Taxi Beancount recognizes those paragraphs as blockquotes (not sure why, maybe on the basis of their indentation?), e.g.: ,BlockQuote [Para [Strong [Str ";",Space,Str "I",Space,Str "paid",Space,Str "and",Space,Str "left",Space,Str "the",Space,Str "taxi,",Space,Str "forgot",Space,Str "to",Space,Str "take",Space,Str "change,",Space,Str "it",Space,Str "was",Space,Str "cold.",LineBreak],Str "2015-01-01",Space,Str "*",Space,Str "\"Taxi",Space,Str "home",Space,Str "from",Space,Str "concert",Space,Str "in",Space,Str "Brooklyn\"",LineBreak,Str "Assets:Cash",Space,Str "-20",Space,Str "USD",Space,Str ";",Space,Str "inline",Space,Str "comment",LineBreak,Str "Expenses:Taxi"]] but note how it has normalized spaces to single Space tokens used as separators. Is there a way to tell pandoc to preserve those spaces, which are valuable to me, in anything it decides is a BlockQuote ? (Note that this happens before external filters are called, so AFAICT I can't work around this using --filter) Many thanks in advance, Cheers. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/5d590149-457b-4de3-b863-57f70366e6d9%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.