An update: when I edit the PDF produced by pandoc and hover over the links it displays an absolute path (e.g. http://ats-alert-database-diagram.pdf for the link below). This does not seem correct given that I am definitely running pandoc from the directory containing the markdown and the PDF files I want to link to. On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 10:14:01 AM UTC+10, Don Mankewich wrote: > > I'm creating documents with markdown which include reference links to > external PDF documents which exist in the same folder. When I use pandoc to > generate a PDF document from my markdown, there appear to be links in the > PDF when I hover over the labels but the external PDF does not open when I > click the link. I don't get any warnings of skipped files. Here's an > example of my markdown reference, it's in a numbered list. > > [ats alert tables](ats-alert-database-diagram.pdf) > > I have read that pandoc references relative file paths according to the > directory where pandoc is executed but I'm running pandoc in the directory > containing the external PDF so I shouldn't have to add further pathing > information should I? I'm also using Harp JS to create a static site from > my content and the link references work in Harp so I don't want to change > that to support pandoc. Ideally the relative paths should for both pandoc > and Harp. > > Any suggestions? > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/5e3baa08-1fe4-417e-b930-4e0ee8a44568%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.