That's what I was afraid of... No way to have the document self-consistent. (BTW: A YAML option turning YAML off could result in an error message, documenting the problem...). Thanks anyway ; a quick and precise answer. Back to the ol' drawing board... -- Emmanuel Charpentier Le samedi 28 septembre 2019 20:14:43 UTC+2, John MacFarlane a écrit : > > Emmanuel Charpentier > writes: > > > I wondered what part of the options, extensions and template variables > can > > be specified in the YAML header of a Markdown file, thus ensuring that > the > > "right" set of options is used at compilation. However, I have been > unable > > to find a description of what can be specified at command line. > > It wouldn't make sense to put formats and extensions in the YAML > header: after all, whether a document can even HAVE a YAML header > is dependent on extensions. What would you do if the YAML header > said to disable the yaml_metadata extension? You'd have a > paradoxical document! > > All template variables can be set via YAML metadata, because the > writers populate variables from metadata values. > > Command-line options can never be set via YAML metadata, in general, > though in some cases it may seem as if they can. For example, > you can specify `toc: true`; but this only works in formats where > the only thing the `--toc` option has to do is set a `toc` > template variable. > > Rather than adding a comment to the source with installation > instructions, I usually use a simple Makefile: > > output.html: input.md > pandoc $< -o $@ --my-options-here... > > This way, I don't have to remember what options to use. > I just type 'make' and it's done. > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/5e3c4113-1162-41fc-b348-8403976b93cb%40googlegroups.com.