Bah... google groups messed up the newlines, but maybe you get the idea? On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 10:23:55 AM UTC-6, Matt Haggard wrote: > > I have a filter that adds elements to code blocks (for bolding, italics, > etc.). We go markdown -> html -> pdf and have noticed that sometimes there > is an extra erroneous space between these custom elements in the final PDF. > This breaks copying and pasting. > > It's because pandoc adds newlines between some elements in the generated > HTML. This shows and example: > > echo -e > '
hello
world
' | > pandoc -t html5 > >

hello

world

> > > Is there a way I can get the output of the above to instead be this? (or > even match the original input string) > > echo -e > '
hello
world
' | > pandoc -t html5 > >

hello