* Locator/label with roman numerals?
@ 2022-07-06 18:41 John Carter Wood
       [not found] ` <86c967e3-7933-42f5-b33b-f3a8764283ban-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: John Carter Wood @ 2022-07-06 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I've run into another curious issue (Pandoc 2.18).

The CSL-style I use has a label for locators ("at p.#" or "at pp. ##-##").
However, if the page numbers are in *Roman* numerals, the label does not
appear as it does with Arabic numerals.

The attached test .md file has two references and cites them with a page
number, one Arabic, one Roman. The results in the footnotes:

[image: locator-differences.png]
I have tried it with another CSL file that also uses p./pp. and the results
are the same.

Any idea what's going on? Is this related to the other locator issue I
raised with citeproc?:
https://github.com/jgm/citeproc/issues/107#issuecomment-1140252757

[-- Attachment #2: locator-differences.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 2082 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: locator-test.md --]
[-- Type: text/markdown, Size: 496 bytes --]

---
title: Locator test, Arabic versus Roman
csl: /home/john/Documents/csl/ieg-2-en-23.csl

references:
- type: book
  id: doe1
  author:
  - family: Doe
    given: Jane
  issued:
    date-parts:
    - - 2022
  title: A book title
  publisher: 'Whatever press'
  lang: en-GB
- type: book
  id: doe2
  author:
  - family: Doe
    given: Jane
  issued:
    date-parts:
    - - 2022
  title: A second book title
  publisher: 'Whatever press'
  lang: en-GB

Arabic [@doe1, 4]

Roman [@doe2, iv]

* Re: Locator/label with roman numerals?
       [not found] ` <86c967e3-7933-42f5-b33b-f3a8764283ban-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-07-06 20:35   ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-07-06 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Roman numerals (i.e. letters) are not recognized as page numbers: you have to write "p. iv". Then the reference will be formatted according to your CSL file, e.g. a non-breakable space will be inserted and the prefix will appear as "pp." if it precedes a range.

@ 2022-07-07  6:56     ` John Carter Wood
From: John Carter Wood @ 2022-07-07  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss