* ANN: pandoc 2.6
@ 2019-01-31  8:01 John MacFarlane
       [not found] ` <m2bm3xxnkv.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-01-31  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-announce-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw,
	pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 2.6,
available in the usual places:

Binary packages & changelog:
  https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/2.6
Source & API documentation:
  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-2.6

With this release, pandoc now supports Jupyter notebooks
(ipynb) as both an input and an output format.

DokuWiki markup, which was already supported as an output
format, is now supported as an input format as well.

A new `task_lists` extension, enabled by default in
markdown and gfm input, supports markdown "task lists."

There are several API changes:

+ Added Text.Pandoc.Readers.Ipynb
+ Added Text.Pandoc.Writers.Ipynb
+ Added Text.Pandoc.Readers.DokuWiki
+ Added constructor `Ext_task_lists` to `Extension`.
+ Added `taskListItemFromAscii` and `taskListItemToAscii` to
  Text.Pandoc.Shared.
+ Text.Pandoc.Readers: Changed types of `readJSON`; it now runs
  in an instance of PandocMonad, like the other readers and
  writers.
+ Text.Pandoc.Writers: Changed types of `writeJSON`; it now runs
  in an instance of PandocMonad, like the other readers and
  writers.
+ Text.Pandoc.Error: Added `PandocUTF8DecodingError` constructor
  for `PandocError`.
+ Text.Pandoc.Writers.Shared: Added `toTableOfContents`.
+ Text.Pandoc.Parsing: Removed unused `HasHeaderMap`.

For a complete list of the many bug fixes and
small improvements in this release, see the changelog.

Thanks to all who contributed, including Alexander Krotov,
who added the DokuWiki reader, Mauro Bieg, who implemented
task lists, Brian Leung, who improved the RST and Org readers,
Damien Clochard, who fixed bugs in the DokuWiki and VimWiki
writers, Andrew Dunning, who made many improvements to the
default LaTeX template, Albert Krewinkel, who improved
various parts of the code and documentation, Jesse Rosenthal,
who worked on the docx reader and writer, and Agustín Martín
Barber, who improved handling of metadata properties in docx,
pptx, and ODT writers.

* Re: ANN: pandoc 2.6
       [not found] ` <m2bm3xxnkv.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-01-31 19:30   ` John Maxwell
       [not found]     ` <05192d4f-3072-4daa-aa34-88cd7c27cfd2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: John Maxwell @ 2019-01-31 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Major thanks to mb for the custom styles in ICML... been hoping for that
one for a long time. That makes a lot of nice things possible here. Cheers
to you!

* Re: ANN: pandoc 2.6
       [not found]     ` <05192d4f-3072-4daa-aa34-88cd7c27cfd2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-02-01  8:16       ` mb21