From: Neil Piper <neil.piper-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: docx writer: using styles from reference document
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 11:55:02 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Hi all,

Possibly having a similar problem to earlier threads and not getting the
Top Level headers coming through:

Am going from
Asciidoc --> Docbook  (Asciidoctor)
Docbook -> DOCX (Pandoc)

Mostly working in a template I've generated from the Pandoc reference but
my initial Docbook Top Level Heading / Title is coming out in DOCX as
'Normal' (No Style)

My next heading works fine in DOCX going to a L1 'Heading 1' Style.

Do I need a Lua to work around this (seems Overkill) or is there an
alternative way by passing the right arguments to Pandoc?

Command I'm running for Pandoc to DOCX conversion:

```
pandoc --from docbook --to docx --top-level-division=chapter
--extract-media="$(pwd)"/DIST/images/extracts --output
"$(pwd)"/DIST/docx/OUTPUT.docx
--reference-doc="$(pwd)"/src/main/docx/MyDocbookStyles.docx
"$(pwd)"/DIST/docbook/INPUT.xml
```

Samples:

Asciidoc sample code:
```
# PDF-Themes - Heading 1

 `font-family` OpenSans

 `font-style` Bold

## Heading 2
```
My Docbook looks like this (have marked up the problematic area + a
screenshot attached)
Generated Docbook from Asciidoc;
```
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?asciidoc-toc?>
<?asciidoc-numbered?>
<article xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"
xmlns:xl="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" version="5.0" xml:lang="en">
<info>
<!-- This one just displays as 'Normal' Style , Why is L1 Heading not
styled as Doc Title ?-->
<title>PDF-Themes - Heading 1</title>
<date>2023-06-15</date>
</info>
<literallayout class="monospaced">`font-family` OpenSans</literallayout>
<literallayout class="monospaced">`font-style` Bold</literallayout>
<!-- This one is styled to my DOCX 'Heading 1' Style -->
<section xml:id="_heading_2">
<title>Heading 2</title>
</article>
```

Word Docx - Heading 1 is Style 'Normal'
[image: Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 19.51.22.png]