Hi all, Possibly having a similar problem to earlier threads and not getting the Top Level headers coming through: Am going from Asciidoc --> Docbook (Asciidoctor) Docbook -> DOCX (Pandoc) Mostly working in a template I've generated from the Pandoc reference but my initial Docbook Top Level Heading / Title is coming out in DOCX as 'Normal' (No Style) My next heading works fine in DOCX going to a L1 'Heading 1' Style. Do I need a Lua to work around this (seems Overkill) or is there an alternative way by passing the right arguments to Pandoc? Command I'm running for Pandoc to DOCX conversion: ``` pandoc --from docbook --to docx --top-level-division=chapter --extract-media="$(pwd)"/DIST/images/extracts --output "$(pwd)"/DIST/docx/OUTPUT.docx --reference-doc="$(pwd)"/src/main/docx/MyDocbookStyles.docx "$(pwd)"/DIST/docbook/INPUT.xml ``` Samples: Asciidoc sample code: ``` # PDF-Themes - Heading 1 `font-family` OpenSans `font-style` Bold ## Heading 2 ``` My Docbook looks like this (have marked up the problematic area + a screenshot attached) Generated Docbook from Asciidoc; ```
PDF-Themes - Heading 1 2023-06-15 `font-family` OpenSans `font-style` Bold
Heading 2 ...
``` Word Docx - Heading 1 is Style 'Normal' [image: Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 19.51.22.png] On Monday, 27 May 2019 at 07:06:54 UTC+1 Alan wrote: > Hi Augustin, thanks for the input. > > It sounds like your corporate dotx template is a little more wacky than > mine (except for the footer). I luckily have no page2 summary stuff to deal > with, just a standard auto generated TOC. No special section formatting etc > luckily. I did look at hand crafting an equivalent dotx, but in this case > it does get a tweak every couple months and I'd like other teams to use the > automation that I'm building. So a fairly seamless "just drop in the new > template" is important. > > Since my last mail I've worked around a few more issues using the RawBlock > approach that Jesse suggested. Page numbers in the footer are still not > working, but that has more to do with the mad jumble of a footer in my > source template. > > cheers > Alan > > > On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 2:49 PM Agustín Martín wrote: > >> Hi Alan. >> >> I have gone through some of the issues you're experiencing. >> >> We also get an official "corporate" word template, which unfortunately >> has been designed by graphic designers and not Word power users. Thus the >> template is difficult to work with, using many custom styles alternative to >> the standard ones like "This is my corporate title 3" (which is actually a >> level 2 title....), and suffering from bad choices like exact line spacing, >> or hard-to-change default fonts, or messing up the navigation panel. >> >> Since we only get new templates every 1-2 years, what I do is I replicate >> the look and feel of the template in a sensible way (using standard style >> names, and taking advantage of what Word offers). If I get flack for doing >> it, I can always create aliases to the standard styles with the "new" >> names. In the end I start with a much better working template that uses >> standard styles. >> >> I try to leave pagebreaks for level 1 titles (easy to define in the >> style, like you said). If I *really* need additional pagebreaks, I can >> always use a lua filter with a specific code-word in my markdown, but that >> is usually an indication that something is not quite as "clean" as it >> should be. >> >> IMHO the hardest part to get is the second page of the document, if your >> template has specific items there such as a table with metadata from the >> document, etc. Especially if that has to come before the index. If you can >> get by having the index in the second page, you should be able to do most >> of what you want anyway. >> >> Knowing that you can include document properties in your heading/footer >> reference doc, makes it really easy to customize the first page (different >> from the rest) and the rest of the document with your title, department, >> whatever-you-need. Pagenumbers definitely work! >> >> Another thing that is not easily doable is if your template has different >> section formatting (like a last page without header/footer). I've only >> successfully worked with one-section reference docs. >> >> Good luck and BR, >> Agustín. >> >> >> On Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 4:26:26 PM UTC+2, Alan wrote: >>> >>> Thanks John, Jesse >>> >>> Yes, I meant page breaks. Sorry for not being clear. >>> The raw openxml block approach works well, thanks for that. I need to >>> mull over whether to support a replacement element in the source document >>> (eg the horiz line) or just do something like add page breaks before L1 >>> headers, but either way it should be doable. >>> >>> Footers: my reference.docx has got a footer, but it contains two >>> elements: an image and a page number. The page number text isn't making it >>> to the pandoc output, but the image is. I'm still tinkering with this to >>> see if I figure out what's going wrong. >>> >>> regards >>> Alan >>> >>> >>> >>> On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 7:17 PM Jesse Rosenthal >>> wrote: >>> >>>> John MacFarlane writes: >>>> >>>> > You should be able to insert page breaks using a lua >>>> > filter, though. (You'd need to figure out exactly >>>> > what openxml code to insert as raw openxml.) >>>> >>>> The openxml is: >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> So you should be able to insert that as a RawBlock with format >>>> "openxml". >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the >> Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. >> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit >> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pandoc-discuss/zzEvOYD3IR4/unsubscribe. >> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to >> pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org >> To post to this group, send email to pandoc-...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org >> > To view this discussion on the web visit >> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/52a0ab63-6bb8-4d35-9736-c6a654fc5982%40googlegroups.com >> >> . > > >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/624c1ba1-059d-4f51-8eda-a0cad3c48246n%40googlegroups.com.