* Pandoc filter for booklet printing.
@ 2022-09-08 18:43 Daniel Wilcox
       [not found] ` <bf814715-26b0-40b3-8e45-1344064837den-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Daniel Wilcox @ 2022-09-08 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm new to pandoc and LaTeX in general so correct me if I'm headed in the
wrong direction.
I'm using pandoc to produce booklets.  It's two sided 2up style printing
that ends up having 4 "pages" per physical page. Generally  in  print these
are called "signatures"  You fold them and end up with neat little
booklets. Anyhow, It's imperative when arranging these pages for print that
the *total* number of pages be a multiple of 4 so the imposition software
(pdfjam) can arrange the pages for easy  folding and  stapling.   Anyhow
I've come to ask if anyone has some direction for me.I'm pretty sure I need
to write a  pandoc lua filter so the filter can add pages in a specific
location (near the end) if the total number of pages isn't a multiple of 4,
but at any rate has anyone done  this before?  I haven't been able to  find
any information  regarding this.

* Re: Pandoc filter for booklet printing.
       [not found] ` <bf814715-26b0-40b3-8e45-1344064837den-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-09-09 16:32   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]     ` <87o7vocs0j.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2022-09-09 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Daniel Wilcox <danielwilcoxjr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> I'm using pandoc to produce booklets.  It's two sided 2up style printing that
> ends up having 4 "pages" per physical page. Generally  in  print these are
> called "signatures"  You fold them and end up with neat little booklets.
> Anyhow, It's imperative when arranging these pages for print that the total
> number of pages be a multiple of 4 so the imposition software (pdfjam) can
> arrange the pages for easy  folding and  stapling.   Anyhow I've come to ask if
> anyone has some direction for me.I'm pretty sure I need to write a  pandoc lua
> filter so the filter can add pages in a specific location (near the end) if the
> total number of pages isn't a multiple of 4, but at any rate has anyone done
> this before?  I haven't been able to  find any information  regarding this.

Pages are not part of pandoc's document model, so this will require a
different approach. You could ask about this in a LaTeX forum, e.g.,
<https://tex.stackexchange.com>. If they know of a solution, then we can
help make it work in pandoc.

--
Albert Krewinkel

* AW: Pandoc filter for booklet printing.
       [not found]     ` <87o7vocs0j.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-09-12  7:54       ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2022-09-12  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw