* Example yaml header with options depending on the output format
@ 2020-05-06  1:21 Dominique
       [not found] ` <4a0597de-a28f-4088-8de9-d8b623e682cf-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Dominique @ 2020-05-06  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I wrote a presentation in Markdown and converted it to HTML with pandoc
using the revealjs format. I set several options in the yaml header,
including the theme.

Now I would like to export the same presentation to PDF using the beamer
output format. However, pandoc complains that the theme I selected for
Reveal.js isn't recognized for Beamer. Conversely, I would like to set
options for Beamer (e.g., aspectratio) that aren't recognized for Reveal.js.

Could someone show an example of a yaml header block that specifies options
for two or more output formats?

Thanks.

* Re: Example yaml header with options depending on the output format
       [not found] ` <4a0597de-a28f-4088-8de9-d8b623e682cf-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-05-06  5:58   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m25zd9mwom.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-05-06  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominique, pandoc-discuss

Personally I'd suggest using a defaults file for the theme
and other presentational details, reserving the YAML metadata
for actual metadata.

You could have one defaults file for revealjs and another for
beamer; in addition to different themes, these could specify
the output format.

@ 2020-05-06 18:29       ` Dominique
       [not found]         ` <b82861de-dc10-40bb-8d11-69a1ba6049cc-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Dominique @ 2020-05-06 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks, that seems reasonable. There's more to learn about Pandoc every day!

I tried writing a defaults file but Pandoc complains that certain options
in there are not recognized. In particular, "height" and "revealjs-url"
appear invalid. They were recognized in the yaml header block (in the main
md source file).

Same problem with Beamer: option "aspectratio" is not recognized.

Any suggestions?

@ 2020-05-06 18:47           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <m2bln0lx35.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-05-06 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)