I am working on a Scribus writer --- it stills need a lot of work but the work in progress is here . The main difficulty for Scribus writer is that its structure is “flat”. For example, what it is usual for html (or other xml format) is a nested structure like this:

I have a strong and italic.

Other paragraph.

I am outside.

Where there are nested blocks and inlines (I ignore attr for clearness): Div [Para [ Str, Space, Str, Space, Str, Space, Strong [ Str, Space, Str, Space, Emph [ Str]], Str], Para [ Str, Space, Str]], Para [Str, Space, Str, Space, Str] But in Scribus, same structure should be like the following: So the must difficult task I am trying to solve is how to flat the structure and inherit the attributes --- as far as I noted, only classes have to be inherit. In the first test I tried to solve it by pure regex, lol, it worked except the inheritance of inline atrributes. In the second try it seems it could work, but I have to continue working and refactor the code for the classic writer --- to late I come to realize that the new writer works when you don't need to rewrite everything, which it is not this case. So, if anyone has an idea of how to solve this problem (elements flattening and attributes inheritance), I will be happy to know :D El jueves, 18 de agosto de 2022 a las 5:20:16 UTC-7, leon...-bM6h3K5UM15l57MIdRCFDg@public.gmane.org escribió: > Yes, I have notified the relevant people and hopefully we'll get it > fixed. (we updated to a new system so things something get lost...) > > No support for Scribus in pandoc currently, though that might be an > interesting thing to try to do with the new Lua reader/writer > functionality. Alternatively, it does support importing Word files and you > could go that route - but, of course, that wouldn't be automatic. > > Leonard > > On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 7:51 AM Trevor Jenkins wrote: > >> On 17 Aug 2022, at 19:45, Leonard Rosenthol >> wrote: >> >> > Trevor - what do you want/need to know about ICML? I believe the >> documentation is part of the InDesign SDK. >> >> As a sometime member of WG8 my interest is nothing more than intellectual >> curiosity, But the broken link is important. >> >> Although it did raise my question of whether pandoc could process Scribus >> documents into/from other formats. And subsequent general question of the >> absence of the simple introduction/excmples for using Lua. >> >> Regards, Trevor. >> >> <>< Re: deemed! >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "pandoc-discuss" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org >> > To view this discussion on the web visit >> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/6080948D-C510-4C74-BF12-1BD9DD3C4193%40gmail.com >> . >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/65d7b8a6-77fd-4e53-8e14-f98ceefd836bn%40googlegroups.com.