From: Daniel Staal <DStaal-Jdbf3xiKgS8@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: man page link to another man page?
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 12:16:51 -0500	[thread overview]

On 12/27/22 11:59 AM, Rick Stanley wrote:
> Can one man page link to another man page as links in html files work?
> I have found no information, and don't know if it is possible.
>
> Thanks!

The `man` page spec predates hypertext and links, and really is more
based on the idea that in many cases they'd be printed out and put into
printed books.  Some man readers can auto-generate links between man
pages if you have them in the standard format, but there's no real
support for that in the spec or in the standard reader.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.