On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 12:35:08 PM UTC-5, ousia wrote: > > On 01/19/2017 05:08 PM, John Muccigrosso wrote: > > I was helping a friend use pandoc to go from markdown to PDF on a Mac. > > His problem was that the default PDF output couldn't handle the Greek > > characters. > > [...] > > I'm concluding that the default PDF output font (Latin Modern Roman?) > > doesn't have these characters, whereas Baskerville (among others) does. > > Sorry for my delayed reply, John. > > The Latin Modern typeface only contains Latin glyphs. > > > Is this right? Is there another way to solve this within the default > setup? > > https://cm-unicode.sf.net contains Computer Modern fonts in OpenType > format. The following should work: > > \setmainfont{CMU Serif} > > Even defining a fallaback font for Greek characters should be easy with > fontspec. But I haven’t used LaTeX for years and I don’t remember how to > do it. > Thanks. I found them here: http://cm-unicode.sourceforge.net It looks like the CMU Serif is (nearly) identical to Latin Modern Roman. I have a default.latex that sets my own fonts, but I think I'll modify it to be sensitive to main font being set in the YAML. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/67ea3fe7-0d6b-4ad2-8010-d69295cba0b8%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.