Thanks for continued support sir, I had few couple of doubts, What does Attr mean? And can you explain type Meta ?, it's going a bit over my head Thanks in advance! On Wednesday, 15 September 2021 at 05:09:35 UTC+5:30 John MacFarlane wrote: > Harsh Donga writes: > > > Thank you for your response, > > > > It is getting really hard for me to parse and build pandoc using pandoc > > types, as I am Haskell beginner. > > > > Please correct me if I am wrong, but the only way to see the JSON output > is > > by trying out pandoc? I mean for covering all the pandoc-types, I will > have > > to put everything in a document then parse using pandoc? > > And then figure out by looking at output how actually all types are > stored > > in JSON? > > There isn't complete documentation of the JSON format we use, > but it's all very regular and can be predicted from the AST given > a few examples. Pandoc can be used to give you those examples. > > Or, you can look at the ToJSON and FromJSON instance definitions > in the source code for Text.Pandoc.Definition and figure it out > from that. > > However, if what you want to do is to use Haskell to create a > pandoc AST, then you don't need to worry about JSON at all. JSON > is just a serialization format we use for communicating with > non-Haskell programs. For building a document, what you want is > Text.Pandoc.Builder, as I said. The documentation contains an > example to get you started. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/68431aed-736c-425d-8745-14ffdc5468a9n%40googlegroups.com.