Hello, Thank you very much for your response! On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 5:33:24 PM UTC+1, John MacFarlane wrote: > > > One possibility would be to change pandoc's HTML reader so that >

is normally parsed as a regular level-1 > heading, UNLESS is present in the > head section. That would allow nice round tripping from pandoc > but not get in the way of other HTML-producers. > > However, it may be that pandoc's current behavior is actually > better in many cases, even when processing HTML produced by > other sources. So it's quite possible that making this change > would lead to a surge of complaints. (Comments welcome on this.) > I would suggest that this behaviour become the default, BUT you add a command line option to invoke the present behaviour. So: - with , process

as metadata - with --title-metadata (or similar), process

as metadata - otherwise process

as a header > > Another, probably better approach would be to parse >

as a metadata title when pandoc is run > with --standalone, but not when pandoc is run in fragment mode. But I want to get a complete ODT document as output. Don't I need to use --standalone? If I do then this fix would do nothing for me. > > A workaround for you would be to preprocess the input, or > run in --standalone mode and use a lua filter that extracts > the metadata title and inserts a level 1 header with its content > at the beginning of the document. > Preprocessing the input with a mere search and replace, changing class="title" to class="meow", is a simple approach that works. But it is a mandatory extra step. Yours, Mikhail Ramendik > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/684df614-496b-455f-aa2d-e602b19c96b0%40googlegroups.com.