* Where to store pictures
@ 2023-06-24  0:16 Mark Pinsley
       [not found] ` <854f51e5-4ea0-4b6b-b5f9-af56828c44d5n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Mark Pinsley @ 2023-06-24  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have been storing pictures in a shared google drive and then using the
link (with some modfiications) to access the picture. It doesn't always
work. Where do you like to store images?

Separately if you are not writing a scientific book are you still using
LaTex or just Pandoc?I feel like I am often inserting HTML code in order to
center things, have line breaks, when I am using just Pandoc markdown.

Thanks
Mark

* Re: Where to store pictures
       [not found] ` <854f51e5-4ea0-4b6b-b5f9-af56828c44d5n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-06-24 13:54   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhCyDGgjCEZzCY=cYYjG3B5d3KeCveizjdSxertKhzWdzA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2023-06-24 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Den lör 24 juni 2023 02:17Mark Pinsley <mark-NHpudssogepBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> I have been storing pictures in a shared google drive and then using the
> link (with some modfiications) to access the picture. It doesn't always
> work. Where do you like to store images?
>
> Separately if you are not writing a scientific book are you still using
> LaTex or just Pandoc?I feel like I am often inserting HTML code in order to
> center things, have line breaks, when I am using just Pandoc markdown.

I guess the hardcore way is to store images inside the HTML document as
data URIs (--self-contained will do that.) It used to be frowned upon to
store images and documents on different servers, not only because of the
effectively stole their bandwidth, apart from any rights in the images as
such. I'm not sure how much of a problem any of that is nowadays.

/bpj

> Thanks
> Mark
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/854f51e5-4ea0-4b6b-b5f9-af56828c44d5n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/854f51e5-4ea0-4b6b-b5f9-af56828c44d5n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

* Re: Where to store pictures
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhCyDGgjCEZzCY=cYYjG3B5d3KeCveizjdSxertKhzWdzA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-06-25 13:00       ` Pedro P. Palazzo
From: Pedro P. Palazzo @ 2023-06-25 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

IusePinterest
Em sábado, 24 de junho de 2023 às 10:54:29 UTC-3, BPJ escreveu:

> Den lör 24 juni 2023 02:17Mark Pinsley <ma...-NHpudssogepBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> skrev:
>
>> I have been storing pictures in a shared google drive and then using the
>> link (with some modfiications) to access the picture. It doesn't always
>> work. Where do you like to store images?
>>
>> Separately if you are not writing a scientific book are you still using
>> LaTex or just Pandoc?I feel like I am often inserting HTML code in order to
>> center things, have line breaks, when I am using just Pandoc markdown.
>>

> I guess the hardcore way is to store images inside the HTML document as
> data URIs (--self-contained will do that.) It used to be frowned upon to
> store images and documents on different servers, not only because of the
> effectively stole their bandwidth, apart from any rights in the images as
> such. I'm not sure how much of a problem any of that is nowadays.
>
> /bpj
>

>> Thanks
>> Mark
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/854f51e5-4ea0-4b6b-b5f9-af56828c44d5n%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/854f51e5-4ea0-4b6b-b5f9-af56828c44d5n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

* Re: Where to store pictures
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhCyDGgjCEZzCY=cYYjG3B5d3KeCveizjdSxertKhzWdzA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-06-25 13:02       ` Pedro P. Palazzo
       [not found]         ` <3a90f125-a388-4f6a-a634-fce8cbe21ce7n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Pedro P. Palazzo @ 2023-06-25 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I use Pinterest. In addition to storing images for free and allowing
cross-site direct links, it automatically provides scaled-down version
should you need them.

Em sábado, 24 de junho de 2023 às 10:54:29 UTC-3, BPJ escreveu:

> Den lör 24 juni 2023 02:17Mark Pinsley <ma...-NHpudssogepBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> skrev:
>
>> I have been storing pictures in a shared google drive and then using the
>> link (with some modfiications) to access the picture. It doesn't always
>> work. Where do you like to store images?
>>
>> Separately if you are not writing a scientific book are you still using
>> LaTex or just Pandoc?I feel like I am often inserting HTML code in order to
>> center things, have line breaks, when I am using just Pandoc markdown.
>>

> I guess the hardcore way is to store images inside the HTML document as
> data URIs (--self-contained will do that.) It used to be frowned upon to
> store images and documents on different servers, not only because of the
> effectively stole their bandwidth, apart from any rights in the images as
> such. I'm not sure how much of a problem any of that is nowadays.
>
> /bpj
>

>> Thanks
>> Mark
>>
>> --