* Proposed manual text for new background-image variable
@ 2018-04-28 16:41 John Muccigrosso
       [not found] ` <76d98718-1f77-41b9-9413-f8fdf347766e-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: John Muccigrosso @ 2018-04-28 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The latest version has incorporated the `background-image` variable that
works for both beamer and reveal.js presentations. I'd already written some
text for the use of backgroundParallaxImage in reveal.js, so that needs
some modification and the beamer feature should be documented as well.

In the interests of getting some feedback before I do a PR, here's a
proposal (new stuff in red). I've just added the beamer info to the same
section, but could alternatively create two sections if that seems more
clear. Lemme know.

Background in reveal.js and beamer presentations
-----------------------

Background images can be added to self-contained reveal.js and to beamer
slideshows.

Either method will use a `background-image` variable from the YAML metadata
block
or as a command-line variable to put the same image on each slide.

*The remainder of this section applies only to reveal.js.*

`parallaxBackgroundImage` replace `background-image` for reveal.js.
You can also set `parallaxBackgroundHorizontal` and
`parallaxBackgroundVertical` the same
way and must also set `parallaxBackgroundSize` to have your values take
effect.

For example in reveal.js:

* Re: Proposed manual text for new background-image variable
       [not found] ` <76d98718-1f77-41b9-9413-f8fdf347766e-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-04-30 19:58   ` BP Jonsson
       [not found]     ` <CAFC_yuQs_7gJg9x5VpuexHvZH5xuC+XZfiWVdsy5htJtcuEfpw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BP Jonsson @ 2018-04-30 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

In this venue one would think that the superiority of plain-text-based
markup over coloring and the like would be obvious to all. Some of us don't
use HTML email by preference, or more importantly for accessibility
reasons. Please use something like criticmarkup.

http://criticmarkup.com/users-guide.php

(FYI I would turn off HTML in the gmail app if I could. I do all my
composition in a plain text editor for accessibility reasons, copy-pasting
between the text editor and the email app.)

@ 2018-05-01 14:48       ` John Muccigrosso
From: John Muccigrosso @ 2018-05-01 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I read in the web-based group format, not email (where I too use plain
text, though have to tolerate the vast majority of my correspondents who do
not).

Any comments on the content?

@ 2018-05-03 16:52   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-05-03 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Muccigrosso, pandoc-discuss

I also had trouble with the red text, since I read this list in Emacs.
Why don't you just make a PR; it's actually easier to hash out details
in that forum.