Oh no, I'm getting this error now. I get it for both pdflatex and xelatex engines: pandoc: xelatex: createProcess: runInteractiveProcess: exec: inappropriate > type (Not a directory) > > pandoc: pdflatex: createProcess: runInteractiveProcess: exec: > inappropriate type (Not a directory) I was running Pandoc with absolutely no problems on OS X Yosemite. What started producing this error is that I was trying to add a path to the $PATH variable by editing .bash_profile to this: export > PATH="/bin/bash:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/bin:$PATH" > > > This was a bad idea, as it ended up removing lots of additions from $PATH which I had to put back in again by hand (eg the Python3.4 path had to be re-added). So, this is $PATH after my attempt to fix it: /bin/bash:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/texbin > The texbin is in the path, so pdflatex and xelatex are both discoverable: which xelatex > > /usr/texbin/xelatex > But I've completely broken Pandoc. Presumably, there's something still missing from my $PATH variable, and if I could restore my $PATH to what it was previously, it would work again. Can anyone see anything obvious that's missing? Could someone running Pandoc on Yosemite type echo $PATH and let me know what they get? thanks. On Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 1:26:37 AM UTC, Ricardo Pietrobon wrote: > > everything was working perfectly unitl I installed yosemite (i know, I > know) and now when I try to convert from markdown to pdf i get the > following message: > > pandoc: pdflatex: createProcess: runInteractiveProcess: exec: > inappropriate type (Not a directory) > > > here is what i tried and didn't work: > > 1. reinstalled pandoc, with the binary from the pandoc site as well as > through brew > 2. reinstalled maktex, which includes using FixMacTeX2014.pkg > 3. deleted the old /usr/bin/texbin and rebuilt the symbolic link > > any thoughts on what the problem might be? > > thanks > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/69cadbaa-4c2e-46d4-a01e-987e16c2fa6e%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.