* .bib to .pdf (APA)
@ 2018-05-04 14:55 hears4y-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
       [not found] ` <0caef14a-2647-4583-839b-aea520aa7316-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: hears4y-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w @ 2018-05-04 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I would like to convert my master .bib file into a pdf file using pandoc. I
tried using the pandoc manual, but I'm just not getting the output I
desire. Can you please give me the pandoc command to use to convert a .bib
file to .pdf while formatting into APA format? At this point I do not need
to attach to my main document, I just want to learn how to convert the bib
into pdf with APA styling.

Thanks so much.

* Re: .bib to .pdf (APA)
       [not found] ` <0caef14a-2647-4583-839b-aea520aa7316-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-05-04 16:54   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480ky3gz4b05.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-05-04 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hears4y-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w, pandoc-discuss

Pandoc doesn't convert .bib to anything.

However (assuming this is a bibtex or biblatex file), you could try
the following.  Create a markdown file bib.md with the following
contents:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
---
nocite: |
  @*
bibliography: 'yourbibfile.bib'
csl: 'apa.csl'

# Bibliography

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Make sure you have apa.csl in your working directory (you can get
it from the citeproc style repository).  Then, do this:

pandoc bib.md --filter pandoc-citeproc -o bib.pdf

hears4y-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org writes:

> I would like to convert my master .bib file into a pdf file using pandoc. I
> tried using the pandoc manual, but I'm just not getting the output I
> desire. Can you please give me the pandoc command to use to convert a .bib
> file to .pdf while formatting into APA format? At this point I do not need
> to attach to my main document, I just want to learn how to convert the bib
> into pdf with APA styling.
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> --

* Re: .bib to .pdf (APA)
       [not found]     ` <yh480ky3gz4b05.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-05-05 14:24       ` John Muccigrosso
       [not found]         ` <e022f634-69bb-4abf-9b79-2c57ad7e5355-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: John Muccigrosso @ 2018-05-05 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'll add that I do exactly this with a bibliography file of mine that's
exported as CSL JSON from Zotero. Works great.

* Re: .bib to .pdf (APA)
       [not found]         ` <e022f634-69bb-4abf-9b79-2c57ad7e5355-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-05-05 14:59           ` hears4y-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
From: hears4y-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w @ 2018-05-05 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)