From: "'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss" <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Once again: Cyrillic bold characters not rendered by Pandoc
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 18:56:22 +0100	[thread overview]

Thx Bastien,

on my macOS DejaVu Serif and Sans are not found (pdfengine=xelatex)

making a `locate -i dejavu` in my shell I realised that my TeXLive install has DajaVu fonts but without space between. Without space XeLateX compiles much longer, but finishes with:

```
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
Error producing PDF.
! Package fontspec Error: The font "DejaVuSerif" cannot be found.

For immediate help type H <return>.

l.21   \setsansfont
```

But now I inserted

mainfont: "Times New Roman"
sansfont: "Times New Roman"

(The second sansfont is senseless) So looking into my FontBook.app I see the DejaVu is called:

sansfont: "DejaVu Sans Mono for Powerline" (Who has had the idea to call this font like this?)

Working! Wow! This means: I really have to change after many years from LaTeX to XeLaTeX? OMG! XeLateX needs much longer to compile. Hope there will be no bad surprises changing my long text from LaTeX to XeLaTex ...

Once again thank you Bastien

ps: I don't like the fonts like that. Is it always as ugly in XeLaTeX?