* Success story: Pandoc at NASA
@ 2023-10-07 17:28 Ivan Perez
       [not found] ` <b4fcfa36-71f6-45a1-b7f0-63d344976fb4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Ivan Perez @ 2023-10-07 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm sure this is very little in comparison with all the successes of
pandoc, but I wanted to let you know what we used pandoc at NASA to create
the documentation needed so that the projects Copilot
(https://github.com/Copilot-Language/copilot/) and Ogma
(https://github.com/nasa/ogma) could be used in more critical software and
in flights.

The documentation is written in Markdown and the converted to PDF via latex
using pandoc. Using Markdown has made it much easier to keep a clean
document and also to compare documents across projects to search for
meaningful differences.

I used a custom template for this based on pandoc's standard template, with
lots of fields in the header that need to go in the first pages of the
document (they are like form fields). I'm also using % as a comment in
pandoc to separate sentences to make documents easier to read, and I'm
pre-filtering the file removing all lines matching '^%$'.

Also, these two papers:
https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3609026.3609727
https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3609025.3609475
were written in pandoc. For those, I didn't use a custom template. Rather,
I converted the core text of the paper to LaTeX with pandoc and then had a
paper.tex file that imported the result.

I hope this is of interest to some people in the community.

Cheers,

Ivan

* Re: Success story: Pandoc at NASA
       [not found] ` <b4fcfa36-71f6-45a1-b7f0-63d344976fb4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-10-07 17:32   ` Ivan Perez
From: Ivan Perez @ 2023-10-07 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Clarification:
> Also, these two papers: [links] were written in pandoc.

I mean they were written in Markdown and converted to latex with pandoc.

Sorry for the mixup.

Ivan

@ 2023-10-07 23:15   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-10-07 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

When I was a kid I was obsessed with astronomy and space exploration, and naturally a gigantic fan of NASA. So it is gratifying to hear that pandoc contributes in some small way!