Hi, I'd like to hear your opinion on pantable's dependencies. For now, pantable only depends on panflute (and else all in Python's standard library). But there's a few things I want to do that would be impossible without further dependencies. Notable ones are matplotlib, numpy, scipy, matplotlib2tikz, pandas. And you can see these are related to plots and/or CSV readers/writers. Other potential dependencies would be xlsx reader/writer, etc. Some of the dependencies are quite big and I'm not certain if they'll build successfully on alternative architecture. So I think I either list all these into the dependencies and make all pantable users also install them, or I make them optional dependencies, where some functions will only function if those are installed (with error hinting which to install). While the later approach seems best to have minimal impact on the others, the former approach is more "all-inclusive", and will be easier to maintain for example for which CSV reader/writer to use (I'd want to use pandas' but if pandas is optional then I need to deal with 2 different implementations leading to potentially different behaviors. Thanks. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/6ad9a315-1887-4e88-af53-99eaa87d39fa%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.