* pandoc: Unknown reader: docx
@ 2018-05-29 13:33 Ivan Ghisleni
       [not found] ` <3eb780bd-77c5-44ad-a0a6-b72eac73cbf9-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Ivan Ghisleni @ 2018-05-29 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm using pandoc via command line on CentOS 7, but when I'm im runnin the
command:

*/usr/bin/pandoc -s -f docx /var/tmp/libraesva/attachments_docXJ5sUq.docx
-t plain*

return this message
>>> *pandoc: Unknown reader: docx*

I run the same command with the same file on Ubuntu 16.04 and it works, is
there some extra install that I have to do?

this is my pandoc version:

pandoc -v
>>> pandoc 1.12.3.1
Compiled with texmath 0.6.6, highlighting-kate 0.5.6.
Syntax highlighting is supported for the following languages:
    actionscript, ada, apache, asn1, asp, awk, bash, bibtex, boo, c,
changelog,
    clojure, cmake, coffee, coldfusion, commonlisp, cpp, cs, css, curry, d,
    diff, djangotemplate, doxygen, doxygenlua, dtd, eiffel, email, erlang,
    fortran, fsharp, gnuassembler, go, haskell, haxe, html, ini, java,
javadoc,
    javascript, json, jsp, julia, latex, lex, literatecurry,
literatehaskell,
    lua, makefile, mandoc, markdown, matlab, maxima, metafont, mips,
modelines,
    modula2, modula3, monobasic, nasm, noweb, objectivec, objectivecpp,
ocaml,
    octave, pascal, perl, php, pike, postscript, prolog, python, r,
    relaxngcompact, restructuredtext, rhtml, roff, ruby, rust, scala,
scheme,
    sci, sed, sgml, sql, sqlmysql, sqlpostgresql, tcl, texinfo, verilog,
vhdl,
    xml, xorg, xslt, xul, yacc, yaml
Default user data directory: /root/.pandoc
Copyright (C) 2006-2013 John MacFarlane
Web:  http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is no
warranty, not even for merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

* Re: pandoc: Unknown reader: docx
       [not found] ` <3eb780bd-77c5-44ad-a0a6-b72eac73cbf9-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-05-29 14:49   ` Václav Haisman
       [not found]     ` <CAKw7uVhGybkKkmuJ-HXHc74HcDVz+xmoc1+9xVH3smSU+KrT2g-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Václav Haisman @ 2018-05-29 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

On 29 May 2018 at 15:33, Ivan Ghisleni <ivan.ghisleni-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using pandoc via command line on CentOS 7, but when I'm im runnin the
> command:
>
> */usr/bin/pandoc -s -f docx /var/tmp/libraesva/attachments_docXJ5sUq.docx
> -t plain*
>
> return this message
>
> I run the same command with the same file on Ubuntu 16.04 and it works, is
> there some extra install that I have to do?
>

> this is my pandoc version:
>
> pandoc -v

​This is rather ancient version of Pandoc from 14 Jan 2014
<https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/1.12.3.1>. Update.​

--
VH

@ 2018-05-29 14:55       ` Ivan Ghisleni
       [not found]         ` <6ae1505c-c811-4296-a3c0-de2702ee5960-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Ivan Ghisleni @ 2018-05-29 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

This is the latest I've found for centos7 .... can you suggest me a way to
upgrade the version?

@ 2018-05-29 15:52           ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-05-29 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Ghisleni, pandoc-discuss

If it's 64 bit, you can try the statically linked linux binary we offer here:
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases
Otherwise, see the installing information on the website for
how to compile from source.