* html to docx/doc
@ 2019-12-07 23:04 Arkady Balaba
       [not found] ` <fc2944ac-effa-4897-b0da-8d6ab4eb7207-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Arkady Balaba @ 2019-12-07 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi!

I am very new to pandoc and trying to understand the basics at the moment.

Running

pandoc -f html -t docx -o myfile.docx http://google.com

ignores the styles. Is there anywhere a good guide to understand how could
i use styles/templates with docx/doc files generation.

Thank!

* Re: html to docx/doc
       [not found] ` <fc2944ac-effa-4897-b0da-8d6ab4eb7207-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-12-07 23:57   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2pngzvgcd.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-12-07 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arkady Balaba, pandoc-discuss

First read the last paragraph of the Description section in the manual at
https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html

Then check out the documentation on --reference-doc

Arkady Balaba <arkadybalaba-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I am very new to pandoc and trying to understand the basics at the moment.
>
> Running
>
> pandoc -f html -t docx -o myfile.docx http://google.com
>
> ignores the styles. Is there anywhere a good guide to understand how could
> i use styles/templates with docx/doc files generation.
>
> Thank!
>

> --

* Re: html to docx/doc
       [not found]     ` <m2pngzvgcd.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-12-08  0:16       ` Arkady Balaba
       [not found]         ` <f496bc03-4e08-4034-884d-a020fc1bba9f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Arkady Balaba @ 2019-12-08  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi John! I guess i read that, but i could not find references on how should
i style the html to enforce the styles from the reference.docx?
I assume i would have to name the styles in a given way, but what is that
way?

Thanks!

On Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 10:58:14 AM UTC+11, John MacFarlane wrote:

> First read the last paragraph of the Description section in the manual at
> https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html
>
> Then check out the documentation on --reference-doc
>
> Arkady Balaba <arkady...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org <javascript:>> writes:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am very new to pandoc and trying to understand the basics at the
> moment.
> >
> > Running
> >
> > pandoc -f html -t docx -o myfile.docx http://google.com
> >
> > ignores the styles. Is there anywhere a good guide to understand how
> could
> > i use styles/templates with docx/doc files generation.
> >
> > Thank!
> >

> > --
> an email to pandoc-...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org <javascript:>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/fc2944ac-effa-4897-b0da-8d6ab4eb7207%40googlegroups.com.

* Re: html to docx/doc
       [not found]         ` <f496bc03-4e08-4034-884d-a020fc1bba9f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-12-08  0:37           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <m2fthvvej4.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-12-08  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arkady Balaba, pandoc-discuss

Pandoc just converts the structure.  Styles (e.g. in CSS) are
just ignored.  But you can enforce certain styles in your
output by using a reference docx, as explained in the manual.

Arkady Balaba <arkadybalaba-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hi John! I guess i read that, but i could not find references on how should
> i style the html to enforce the styles from the reference.docx?
> I assume i would have to name the styles in a given way, but what is that
> way?
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 10:58:14 AM UTC+11, John MacFarlane wrote:
>>

>> First read the last paragraph of the Description section in the manual at
>> https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html
>>
>> Then check out the documentation on --reference-doc
>>
>> Arkady Balaba <arkady...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org <javascript:>> writes:
>>
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > I am very new to pandoc and trying to understand the basics at the
>> moment.
>> >
>> > Running
>> >
>> > pandoc -f html -t docx -o myfile.docx http://google.com
>> >
>> > ignores the styles. Is there anywhere a good guide to understand how
>> could
>> > i use styles/templates with docx/doc files generation.
>> >
>> > Thank!
>> >

>> > --
>> an email to pandoc-...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org <javascript:>.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/fc2944ac-effa-4897-b0da-8d6ab4eb7207%40googlegroups.com.