I am starting to experience with YAML blocks, so that I store as many as possible source-specific Pandoc command line options and variables within the Markdown source file for easier reproducability at a later stage. Most things which I currently use work file, except one (which is: successfully passing *some* font features into the LaTeX output). Here is my complete YAML block: --- title: Some Document subtitle: - This is a test for using YAML for metadata. author: - name: Some Name affiliation: University of Somewhere - name: Some Other Name affiliation: University of Nowhere date: 2016-04-10 toc: yes numbersections: yes toc-depth: 3 geometry: - paperwidth=595pt - paperheight=842pt - showframe=false - showcrop=false - hmargin=72pt - headsep=54pt - top=66pt - bottom=78pt author-meta: "Some Name, Some GmbH" subject-meta: "Knowledge-Based Information Extraction" title-meta: "Some Phantasy Title" pdfstartpage: 2 keywords: "Essay, Important, Difficult" fontsize: 12pt lang: de mainfont: WeidemannBook*mainfontoptions: BoldFont=WeidemannStd-Bold.otf, ItalicFont=WeidemannBookItalic.otf, BoldItalicFont=WeidemannStd-BoldItalic.otf, ItalicFeatures=Colour=AA0000, BoldFeatures={Colour=0000AA}, BoldItalicFeatures={Colour=AA00AA} *monofont: Letter Gothic Std monofontoptions: [ Scale=0.8, Colour=AA0000, Numbers=Lining, Numbers=SlashedZero, ] documentclass: scrartcl header-includes: ... My problem is with this line: *mainfontoptions: BoldFont=WeidemannStd-Bold.otf, ItalicFont=WeidemannBookItalic.otf, BoldItalicFont=WeidemannStd-BoldItalic.otf, ItalicFeatures=Colour=AA0000, BoldFeatures={Colour=0000AA}, BoldItalicFeatures={Colour=AA00AA}* In LaTeX the output becomes: \setmainfont[BoldFont=WeidemannStd-Bold.otf, ItalicFont=WeidemannBookItalic.otf, BoldItalicFont=WeidemannStd-BoldItalic.otf, ItalicFeatures=*\{*Colour=AA0000*\}*, BoldFeatures=*\{*Colour=0000AA*\}*, BoldItalicFeatures=*\{*Colour=AA00AA*\}*]{WeidemannBook} This does not compile to PDF and gives this error: ! LaTeX error: "kernel/misplaced-equals-sign" .... LaTeX is attempting to parse some key-value input but found two equals signs not separated by a comma. If I remove the backslashes which escape the curly braces, like so: \setmainfont[BoldFont=WeidemannStd-Bold.otf, ItalicFont=WeidemannBookItalic.otf, BoldItalicFont=WeidemannStd-BoldItalic.otf, ItalicFeatures=*{*Colour=AA0000*}*, BoldFeatures=*{*Colour=0000AA*}*, BoldItalicFeatures=*{*Colour=AA00AA*}*]{WeidemannBook} then the code compiles and works as expected — I get different colors for bold, italic and bold-italic text: How can I get the required curly braces into the LaTeX output un-escaped from setting it up in the YAML block? Or is there an alternative way to get my wanted main font `*Features` to work? Thanks, Kurt ​ -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/6c4977e8-6dca-4d33-a44b-a72a31603e60%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.