* Export to a specific file format (APA)
@ 2018-01-13 16:40 Victor Hupay
       [not found] ` <78011305-5431-4838-b3a0-dbb33319fde0-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Victor Hupay @ 2018-01-13 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

So my workflow involves writing in plaintext and then exporting 1 or more
of these files into a word file (docx) for school submission. When I export
using pandoc, I then have additional steps I need to take to properly
format the document (title page, headers, spacing, font, indentations, page
numbers, etc). I would like to export so that the formatting is mostly
already completed. Can someone walk me through this process?

* Re: Export to a specific file format (APA)
       [not found] ` <78011305-5431-4838-b3a0-dbb33319fde0-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-01-13 17:02   ` Mikolaj Machowski
       [not found]     ` <0add799b-37f4-4180-837a-e6958040178d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Mikolaj Machowski @ 2018-01-13 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Quoting from manual:

--reference-doc=*FILE*

Use the specified file as a style reference in producing a docx or ODT file.

For best results, the reference docx should be a modified version of a docx
file produced using pandoc. The contents of the reference docx are ignored,
but its stylesheets and document properties (including margins, page size,
header, and footer) are used in the new docx. If no reference docx is
specified on the command line, pandoc will look for a file reference.docx
in the user data directory (see --data-dir). If this is not found either,
sensible defaults will be used.

To produce a custom reference.docx, first get a copy of the default
reference.docx: pandoc --print-default-data-file reference.docx >
custom-reference.docx. Then open custom-reference.docx in Word, modify the
styles as you wish, and save the file. For best results, do not make
changes to this file other than modifying the styles used by pandoc:
[paragraph] Normal, Body Text, First Paragraph, Compact, Title, Subtitle,
Author, Date, Abstract, Bibliography, Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3,
Heading 4, Heading 5, Heading 6, Heading 7, Heading 8, Heading 9, Block
Text, Footnote Text, Definition Term, Definition, Caption, Table Caption,
Image Caption, Figure, Captioned Figure, TOC Heading; [character] Default
Paragraph Font, Body Text Char, Verbatim Char, Footnote Reference,
Hyperlink; [table] Table.

@ 2018-01-13 18:22       ` Victor Hupay
From: Victor Hupay @ 2018-01-13 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss