One sidenote: long intraparagraph citations would work adequately, I think, for some cases, but descriptive footnotes in the humanities sometimes have a way of going very, very long. It would be pretty important to me as  a writer that the solution still allow me to drop these notes into named footnotes in my markdown source. — Brian Hamilton Assistant Professor of Religion Director, College Honors Program Florida Southern College To book an appointment: https://bdhamilton.com/contact/ On Oct 30, 2020, 12:50 PM -0400, 'Denis Maier' via pandoc-discuss , wrote: > What about double bar || ? > > > -------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -------- > Von: John MacFarlane > Datum: 30.10.20 17:40 (GMT+01:00) > An: 'Nick Bart' via pandoc-discuss , pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org > Betreff: Re: Removing parentheses around citations in footnotes > > "'Nick Bart' via pandoc-discuss" > writes: > > > Though using citations with, possibly long, prefixes and suffixes rather than footnotes in the markdown source seems to work very well in most cases, there is one problem that makes getting the exact same output format as the one requested in the original post impossible: citations have to be separated by a semicolon, and if they aren’t, the output becomes garbled. Technically, this isn’t a bug (the pandoc manual: “Markdown citations go inside square brackets and are separated by semicolons”), but I wonder whether this requirement could be relaxed. > > Maybe -- what would you suggest as an alternative? > We need some unambiguous way of marking the divider between > consecutive citations. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/m27dr7r7kt.fsf%40MacBook-Pro.hsd1.ca.comcast.net. > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pandoc-discuss/8YoFxeexDWs/unsubscribe. > To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/5f9c4466.1c69fb81.d1513.277bSMTPIN_ADDED_MISSING%40gmr-mx.google.com. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/6e5d1576-e15a-4c86-8a21-62c0db3cb52d%40Spark.