* omitting cells in pandoc --from ipynb --to pdf
@ 2021-04-21 15:51 Leo Ferres
       [not found] ` <65ec5344-b6d0-4ea8-8fa2-5bbebc8a1dcdn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Leo Ferres @ 2021-04-21 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello.

I have the following pandoc command that I use to generate my pdf from
notebooks.
pandoc -V geometry:margin=1.5in --table-of-contents --toc-depth=5 \
--preserve-tabs --standalone --pdf-engine=xelatex a.ipynb \
--highlight-style=pygments --metadata-file=meta.yaml \ -o a.pdf

It works fine. However, I'd like to omit some cells from the
notebook. jupyter nbconvert has the
option --TagRemovePreprocessor.remove_cell_tags={"omit"}. Is there a way to
add that to pandoc?

Thanks,

Leo

* Re: omitting cells in pandoc --from ipynb --to pdf
       [not found] ` <65ec5344-b6d0-4ea8-8fa2-5bbebc8a1dcdn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-04-21 23:25   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2h7jzte2m.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-04-21 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Ferres, pandoc-discuss

You could use a Lua filter to do this fairly easily, I think,
though I'm not sure about the details.

Try pandoc your.ipynb -t native -s

and you'll see how pandoc represents your notebook (the AST).
If it's just a matter of removing Divs with a certain attribute,
for example, this is easily accomplished with a filter.

Leo Ferres <leoferres-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I have the following pandoc command that I use to generate my pdf from
> notebooks.
> pandoc -V geometry:margin=1.5in --table-of-contents --toc-depth=5 \
> --preserve-tabs --standalone --pdf-engine=xelatex a.ipynb \
> --highlight-style=pygments --metadata-file=meta.yaml \ -o a.pdf
>
> It works fine. However, I'd like to omit some cells from the
> notebook. jupyter nbconvert has the
> option --TagRemovePreprocessor.remove_cell_tags={"omit"}. Is there a way to
> add that to pandoc?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Leo
>
> --

* AW: omitting cells in pandoc --from ipynb --to pdf
       [not found]     ` <m2h7jzte2m.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-04-22  8:12       ` denis.maier-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ
From: denis.maier-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ @ 2021-04-22  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw, leoferres-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w