* `-t markdown` refuses to render citations
@ 2019-09-13 20:57 Joseph Reagle
       [not found] ` <25f74181-be38-d970-46f0-d1c940dcee2c-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2019-09-13 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

If I have a markdown file and bib, rendering to most any output format will render the citations using the specified CSL in that format, including the markdown variants. But if I want to render to pandoc's markdown, citeproc seems to be skipped. If that's correct, is there a way to force their rendering?

* Re: `-t markdown` refuses to render citations
       [not found] ` <25f74181-be38-d970-46f0-d1c940dcee2c-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-09-13 23:13   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480kh85f6b9a.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-09-13 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Reagle, pandoc-discuss

-t markdown-citations

With the default +citations, the markdown citation syntax
is enabled, so you'll get @item1.  With -citations, you'll
get the rendered citation.

@ 2019-09-16 11:57       ` Joseph Reagle
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2019-09-16 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 9/13/19 7:13 PM, John MacFarlane wrote:
> -t markdown-citations
>
> With the default +citations, the markdown citation syntax
> is enabled, so you'll get @item1.  With -citations, you'll
> get the rendered citation.

Thank you.