It wasn't an intentional change, so please submit a bug report. On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 5:42:55 AM UTC-7 Nick Bart wrote: > I’m seeing this, too (using the most recent dev version), and agree in > preferring the ‘old’ behaviour. > > ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ > On Friday, June 11, 2021 11:44 AM, Frederik Elwert > wrote: > > Hello everybody, > > when upgrading pandoc in our publication workflow (2.9→2.13), and thus > switching from pandoc-citeproc to citeproc, we noticed a change in > behaviour: > > We are converting all references authors send us to csl-yaml and embedd > them within the markdown file through the `references` metadata variable. > > Previously, only those entries that were actually cited also got printed > in the bibliography. That’s what we expected. Now, with citeproc, we find > that *all* entries from the `references` list are printed in the > bibliography. This is different from taking the same entries, putting them > in an external bibtex file, and include them with the `bibliography` > metadata key. If we do that, we get the old behaviour. > > So in sum, `references` now behaves like `bibliography` + `nocite: @*`. > > Is this the new intended behaviour, or is this a bug/regression? > > (For us, the older behaviour worked better, because often authors have > additional entries in their bibliography, against the guidelines. The old > behaviour made sure we only include those that are actually cited. Now we > have to check the references list manually.) > > Thanks in advance, > Frederik > > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/12103c9c-602d-4f60-b699-471dcbceb1dfn%40googlegroups.com > > . > > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/71de154c-86eb-440f-9abd-2b427a91fa99n%40googlegroups.com.