Hi, thanks for your useful comments, i will reply inline to specific sections On Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 5:56:09 PM UTC+2, BP Jonsson wrote: > > At first your suggestion seemed like a step backwards, but I supposed you > meant that these programs should respectively take/return non-document data. > Exactly. I would be happy if you could suggest me any change to the text https://github.com/italia/docs-italia-comandi-conversione/blob/master/doc/pandoc-sinks-and-sources.md that makes this clearer > > I have written some scripts which mined data from Pandoc ASTs but they all > took a filename and called out to Pandoc, basically because I didn't want > to type the same command line options over and over. > This is something i considered in order to make life easier to our users, the drawback is maintaining the code that passes command line options from the wrapper to pandoc, or imposing restrictions on the users. > > I also have several filters which read config and/or partial input from > external files. It seems writing a CSV to table converter is a rite of > passage among Pandoc filter/addon authors. > Mine would take a code block with CSV, TSV or a file name, parse the CSV > with Text::CSV or simply split TSV on tabs and build a Pandoc table element > from the parsed structure. Where it maybe stood out was in that it could > convert in either direction between all three of Pandoc tables or > definition lists of definition lists and CSV/TSV. > Well hopefully having a name that describes this sort of tools could help their findability. If you would like to send me some links i would add them to the list > ------------------------------ > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/72a730cb-1f8f-4d7a-8e21-a241da71cc11%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.