From: Ian Fantom <ian-0jttZa1E5sTe9xe1eoZjHA@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Converting headings (.odt -> .tex)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 11:32:32 +0100	[thread overview]

I'm still puzzled on how the correspondences work. I must be
misunderstanding something in the Manual
(https://pandoc.org/chunkedhtml-demo/6-templates.html).

If I enter 'pandoc -D odt' then I get the contents of the default file
for odt, but if I enter 'pandoc -D tex' I get "Could not find data file
templates/default.tex".

The odt default file contains the lines:

- ---------------

$for(header-includes)$
   $header-includes$

$if(title)$
<text:p text:style-name="Title">$title$</text:p>
$endif$
$if(subtitle)$
<text:p text:style-name="Subtitle">$subtitle$</text:p>
$endif$

The odt book title is of type 'Title', and the chapter titles are of
type 'Subtitle'. Subheadings are of type 'Header 3'. But instead of
getting chapter headings I get eg:

\protect\hypertarget{anchor-4}{}{}Preface

Perhaps someone  could explain.

Many thanks,

Ian