Thanks for the insights, BPJ! I was certain that I had seen or read about something that had already implemented something like this, but I was probably mistaken. Once the opportunity arises, I will try to implement your suggestion. Thanks, Bernardo On Thursday, June 15, 2023 at 11:43:49 AM UTC-3 BPJ wrote: > > > Den tors 15 juni 2023 15:47Bernardo C. D. A. Vasconcelos < > bernardov...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> skrev: > >> Hi everyone, >> >> There is a TeX package called Schemata to >> aid in creating “topical schemata”, i.e. "outlines that use braces (or >> facsimiles thereof) to illustrate the breakdown of concepts and categories >> in Scholastic thought from late medieval and early modern periods". >> >> I would like to add the markup to create schemata to the markdown files >> and then have them output the results in HTML and PDF. At first, I thought >> this would be simpler, thanks to the parse-latex filter >> , but it isn't the case because >> the package needs to be loaded. Is this currently possible with the already >> available tools (filters, etc)? >> > > That filter doesn't run latex, only Pandoc's latex reader, and you will in > any case need to convert latex PDF output to an image format which can be > used in HTML documents. > > What you probably could do is to have a filter write the contents of raw > latex blocks to a file using the standalone class, call latex via one pipe > and then pdf2svg or ImageMagick through another pipe to obtain an image > which you can include in HTML. > > Or probably easier: include the LaTeX as code blocks with a class and a > filename attribute. Then have two filters: one for LaTeX output which > converts the code block to a raw latex block (which is super easy) and > another one for HTML output which writes the text of the code block to a > LaTeX file .ltx then replaces the code block with an > image element with .svg as source file. Then after the > pandoc run you use a Makefile or a script to run latex on the printed-out > files and convert the PDF files to SVG/PNG files with the right name. > > > >> Thanks, >> Bernardo >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "pandoc-discuss" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org >> To view this discussion on the web visit >> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/ca67b3d3-5d49-4c05-9fdf-a8836d39df33n%40googlegroups.com >> >> . >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/73f4ddae-a44c-409e-b008-427bf92e071an%40googlegroups.com.