* metadata file not being read
@ 2021-07-15 17:53 The Nerdy Anarchist
From: The Nerdy Anarchist @ 2021-07-15 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

As a learning exercise to learn how to use pandoc, I'm transcribing the
first bits (i.e. only from the cover into the first couple sub-headings of
the first chapter) of a PDF ebook that I have into an epub just so I can
get the hang of things.  I've created a metadata.yaml file (attached)
formatted exactly like the yaml blocks in the manual, and it's not being
read.

My first step was creating an HTML file out of the PDF's copyright and
dedication pages, as I didn't want them included in the TOC, then I run the
following:

pandoc -s --toc --toc-depth=3 -B 01-copy-ded.html
--metadata-file=metadata.yaml 03-preface.md 04-introduction.md -t epub3 -o
test.epub

An epub is created, however, it has no metadata, and I'm shown an
error/warning saying "[WARNING] This document format requires a nonempty
<title> element"

Additionally, as a second issue, that 01-copy-ded.html is rendered twice:
once before, and once after the TOC.

Once again, if anyone can help me here, I'd be *greatly* appreciative!
Also, is there something like a matrix chat somewhere where I would be able
to receive assistance in a more "direct contact" manner?