* .docx to .rst - Bug converting tables that contain merged cells
@ 2017-05-16 13:48 Koray Koçak
       [not found] ` <e06ebc8f-6e26-4383-b0bf-e9cf99eeca85-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Koray Koçak @ 2017-05-16 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert *.docx* documents to *.rst* with Pandoc. The tool
correctly converts 'simple' tables. However when a table contains merged
cells, it looks like the generated markup is incorrect.

For example, a 3x3 table in Word document is correctly converted to this:

+-----+-----+-----+
| A   | B   | C   |
+=====+=====+=====+
| D   | E   | F   |
+-----+-----+-----+
| G   | H   | I   |
+-----+-----+-----+

while, when I merge the cells on the top row, generated markup is malformed:

+-----+-----+-----+
| A   |
|     |
| B   |
|     |
| C   |
+=====+=====+=====+
| D   | E   | F   |
+-----+-----+-----+
| G   | H   | I   |
+-----+-----+-----+

Is this a known bug? Can anyone suggest me some practical way to overcome
this (i.e. some configuration change or patch)?

Best regards,

@ 2017-05-16 23:16   ` Kolen Cheung
       [not found]     ` <09fc47bf-e51c-487a-8e51-7e5e66ed88eb-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Kolen Cheung @ 2017-05-16 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Pandoc doesn't support row/column span aka merged cells yet.

But the fallback you showed is better than nothing.

It's a feature that might come soon and is already known to the developers. So there's no need for further actions.

* Re: .docx to .rst - Bug converting tables that contain merged cells
       [not found]     ` <09fc47bf-e51c-487a-8e51-7e5e66ed88eb-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-05-17  6:50       ` Koray Koçak
From: Koray Koçak @ 2017-05-17  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss