I don't know how Haskell processes file paths but have you tried escaping the slashes? E.g. pandoc "\\\\network\path\to\file.md" or even using Unix like path separators: pandoc "\\\\network/path/to/file.md" Phil On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 9:34:53 PM UTC, Peter Tirrell wrote: > > I'm trying to run pandoc, on Windows, against a file on a network share. > I'm calling the executable within a Powershell prompt, but the same > behavior happens in CMD. I have tried calling > > pandoc "\\network\path\to\file.md" > > and changing to the UNC folder in Powershell and calling > > pandoc .\file.md > > and get the same error message: "openBinaryFile: does not exist (no such > file or directory". > > My hunch is that pandoc doesn't support UNC paths, but I haven't been able > to find a quick explicit answer as to whether this should work or not. If > it isn't supported I'll give up and move on, but if it is - what might I be > doing wrong? > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/758175cf-cf3e-4b80-ab21-68594fd9a644%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.